More often than not, most of these animals are a nuisance even to the wildlife agent. Therefore the will even give you a warrant to destroy these animals when you come into collision with them. In most cases however, never expect to get help from the City or the county animal services for that matter. You have to deal with the problem yourself.
Will the city animal service help?
Mostly it is a no. They won’t help you with an issue concerning a petty thing such as rodents. This means that you have a full cover to do whatever you please. Therefore, if the animal service cannot help, you just help yourself out.
What can you do?
There are a lot of things that you can do to help yourself out in case this catches up with you. Consider the following;
• Hire professionals who will do a thorough search in your area and conduct a thorough clean-up procedure.
• Secure your garden by fencing it well and carefully making sure that your fencing wire goes some meters down below in the underground.
• Make sure that you harvest early enough to keep the animal off your garden. This way they will have nothing to come for.
• Remove all the rocks and tree trunks in your area, this way the animal will feel more exposed and this will discourage their stay in your area.
• Try to keep a dog in your home, if not for a pet try to keep it for security reasons. rodents are afraid of the dogs and will want to keep off from places with dogs.
If you can make sure that you keep all this information in mind and at heart, then you will have no reason to call the city animal service to do the sweep out in your yard.
After all that…
When all is said and done, you will find that you will have an easy time at your garden. Make sure that these animals have no reason to come into your yard otherwise you might be a regular visitor to the city animal services.
City animal services might not help you save your garden and therefore you need to come up with your own way of controlling the situation and maybe before the situation gets out of hand you can do something to control it. The above points will help you solve all your problems and ease the situation.
RAT CONTROL: We specialize in rat control projects. Call us now for rat control in your city or town.
Go back to the How to get rid of rats page to learn more about Will a city or county animal service help me with a rodent’s issue?
To find out our prices for rat control, visit our rat removal prices page.