If you found a dead dog outside your house, or may be somewhere else, you need not to worry about anything but also in the same vein, you need to be very careful on how you handle the animal. Treat it with care and you should follow the simple steps highlighted below;
• Establish the cause of the death of the animal.
• Mind to know where the animal came from.
• Look for a method which you can dispose the animal carefully.
• Contact the professionals.
Establishing the cause of the death
This is a very important thing to do as far as there is a dead animal on your property. Animals could be dead because of disease or other things such being killed by a person. Assuming that the animal died because of a disease, you need to be very careful how you handle the animal.
Minding the origin of the animal
Knowing a brief history about the origin of the animal might help you a lot. You will be able to know the cause of death of the animal so fast; you will also be able to tell how dangerous the animal is as far as personal health is concerned.
Disposing the dead animal
This forms perhaps the central point of all these occurrences. You will need to find a proper method through which you can dispose the animal. There are many of them. It depends on your preference. These are;
• Burial. This is the best method that one could use. However, while burying, you need to abide by the rules and regulation. Make sure the place where you burry the animal is 4 feet underground to prevent scavengers from digging the animal out.
• Incineration. If you have access to the incinerator services, you can just cremate the body. But if you don’t have one, just try a really big bonfire and do it yourself.
• Take it to the animal services. If you don’t know what to do with the dead animal in your porch, you might consider taking the animal to the animal service and they will help you out with this issue.
• Throw it out. You can throw the animal out to the local damping site. If the animal is a large one, this might cause a fuss between the person and the local authorities but if the animal is small, you need not to worry.
Contact the professionals
This is perhaps the best thing to do if you are not sure of what should be done. Contact the professionals and they will help you out.
Finding a dead animal is not an issue but dealing with it is the issue. Take proper care and control.