If you find yourself caught in the middle of a snake problem, the best thing to do is call a wildlife expert. Especially, if you have kids and pets with you, you might just want to close the room where you have found the snake and let it be. Whether you are dealing with a venomous snake or not, it is best to leave it alone and let a trained wildlife expert do his own thing. But, what if a wildlife expert took too long to respond? Will you just stand there and panic? The answer is NO.
It is always better to be prepared than to look unwise and unhelpful during a snake issue. So, to prepare for this kind of issues, you would also need to have the proper tools:
• Snake tongs
• Snake hooks
• Snake traps
• Snake bag
• A net that does not have holes in it
Catching a snake
Now that you have already equipped yourself with the specific tools you need in the event of a snake intruder, you can then be able to make an initial entrapment for the snake:
• Lure the snake into the net – place the net in front of the snake’s head, ensure that you have a safe distance from the snake.
• Use a garbage can and broom – take the can and place it in front of the snake.
• Pin the snake down – you can do this by using snake tongs.
There are also a few tips that may come in handy when proper snake tools are not present in your home:
• Use a large shirt and toss it on the snake’s head and body- the snake may likely coil under the cloth.
• Make your own snake trap – use a plastic bottle and cut a small hole, big enough to ensure that the snake’s head can enter and be stuck.
Precautionary measures in catching a snake
Venomous or not, do not underestimate what a snake can do. Always remember that they are fast and cunning. If you think that you are incapable of catching a snake in any way, still, the best thing to do is just leave it alone and call a professional wildlife expert that can take care of it. It is easier to get help than to put yourself in danger and risk. Furthermore, it would not hurt so much if you can still prepare for it in the future.