The flying squirrels do chew on the wood and the electrical wires. There have been many theories that have been developed to argue the fact of the squirrels chewing on the wires. When you enter your attic and find some chewed materials and wires, do not be too rush in judging the presence of the squirrels in your home.
Are they the only ones?
Squirrels are only half of the dozen of the animal that will chew on your items whether on the attic, the basement or anywhere else. Therefore, you should not judge the presence of the squirrels in the attic if you have not seen one. You need to be very sure that the animals that you are dealing with are actually the squirrel.
Why do the squirrels chew?
Here is where the commotion arises. Some of the people vary in this situation and come up with very absurd arguments but I will tell that it is very self explanatory why the animals occasionally chew.
• Just like the human nails and the cats’ claws, the squirrels has some set of incisors that will continuously grow without ceasing. To keep them checked, the animal or the squirrels will have to keep on chewing whatever they find in their way.
• It is an activity that will keep them engaged in finding what the stomach requires. Chewing helps the little guys to differentiate what I right and the bad stuff. It assists smelling.
• The process of gnawing makes the teeth stronger and healthier. Humans are advised to chew carrots and sugarcanes in order for the teeth to grow stronger; the squirrels have to chew on the wood in order to make their teeth stronger.
• This process of gnawing makes their teeth sharper. Have you even been bitten by a rodent? Well I have and I can tell you it is like a razor blade or even worse. The process of gnawing makes their teeth sharper.
Dangers they pose
Due to chewing regularly on the electrical appliances, there could be hazards which include;
• Potential electrocution.
• Potential fires break out.
• High chances of frequent blackouts.
All these are potential dangers caused by the gnawing of these animals.
You need to keep the activities of these animals checked and as low as possible to avoid hazards.
SQUIRREL CONTROL: We specialize in squirrel control projects. Call us now for squirrel control in your city or town.
Go back to the How to get rid of squirrels page to learn more about Do flying squirrels chew on wood or the electric wires?
To find out our prices for squirrel control, visit our squirrel removal prices page.