Do you know about “iguana”? It is a type of a lizard that is omnivorous. They are also known to have a very small extra eye on the top part of their heads. Iguanas are herb eating reptiles and they are capable of eating a variety of plants. These reptiles specifically like flowering shrubs, fruits and some vegetables including tomatoes.
How to keep away iguanas?
Iguanas can be kept away by undertaking the following simple tasks;
• Do not aimlessly leave food stuffs such as fruits and other vegetables in open bins as this can act as this can act as another source of food for iguanas apart from their natural source.
• Iguanas dig burrows to act as their shelters and they also like dark areas to hide in times of danger. To avoid there iguanas, one should get rid of bushy areas and piles of stones or branches in the field.
• Any burrows in the field should all be filled. This task should be undertaken during day time when these reptiles will not be in them and by doing this, the iguanas will have lost their homes and hence left with no option rather than shifting away.
• One should also get rid of surfaces such as rocks where iguanas use to sun their bodies such warm surfaces should be eliminated from the field to discourage the iguanas from regularly visiting such areas to get warmth from the sun.
• One should erect a right low fence all around the field area to keep away the iguanas.
• On trees with flowers and other parts that may attract these reptiles, one may place metal collars around the trunks to prevent the iguanas from climbing and eating up the plant parts.
• Iguanas are prey to predators such as owls, hawks and crows. One should hence encourage such predators in the field by making it more friendly for them in order to help keep these reptiles away from the field.
• One can also keep away iguanas by trapping them. Traps may be places at the erected fences whereby the iguanas, most probably walk into these traps as they look for a way into the field. By doing so, this will help to reduce the number of these reptiles and hence this will discourage other surviving iguanas from reaching your field space.
It is very easy to keep away iguanas and it can only be achieved by simply doing the most obvious tasks after all activities such as clearing of branches after trimming trees and many more.
How to keep away iguanas