Do you find the rats visiting the garbage cans? Yes, they often check if there is something they can pick from them. However, in the process, they get stuck and hurt themselves to the point that they are in pain and cannot move.
Attending to the rat
You will need or rather you are obligated to attend to the rat immediately and try to loosen it from what is trapping it in the garbage can. You are not supposed to hurt it any more.
Precautions to take
• Do not even try to pull the rat out from where it is stuck. This might actually cause a lot of physical damage to it and hurt it even more.
• Do not scare the animal but be friendly. At first, the animal might look very scary and you might be tempted to kill it but do not do that just help it out then release it to the wild.
• Wear something protective to protect you against physical harm that you might be exposed to. Remember, the rats might bite.
• Do not handle the rats bare hand. This might lead you to contracting very many dangerous diseases.
• After removing the animal, treat it then release it.
• Make sure that after this process, you wash yourself clean so that you disinfect any part of you that might have carried the viruses.
• Check to see if there are more animals in the garbage can. If there is a deadly stench, then know that there is a dead animal in there.
All this are to help deal with the prevailing situation and how to effectively gain control of it.
What you should do
To avoid such situations from happening all over again, you need to keep all your garbage can properly locked and open only when there is need to open them. Otherwise leaving them open you might encounter many problem.
Also, avoid removing your garbage can for collection at night. Remove them early in the morning to avoid such occurrences.
It is important to help a hurting animal even if it is from the wild. Leaving it without attending to it might cause lots of dehydration and death because of starvation. Therefore, be the lending hand to help such animal from dying of cruel deaths. After getting the animal out of the garbage, take precautionary measures to protect yourself against these animals. Sometimes due to the pain, they may turn so vigorous and in turn they may hurt and thus transferring to you dangerous diseases.