Mostly once the rodent is the house, these are the items that they will go for:
• The electrical wires.
• The woods.
• The water pipes.
However, we are to focus more on the one that poses the huge fatality and that’s the electrical wires. There have been many theories that have been developed to argue the fact of the rodents chewing on the wires. When you enter your attic and find some chewed materials and wires, do not be too rush in judging the presence of the rodents in your home.
Are they the only ones?
Rodents are only half of the dozen of the animal that will chew on your items whether on the attic, the basement or anywhere else. Therefore, you should not judge the presence of the rodents in the attic if you have not seen one. You need to be very sure that the animals that you are dealing with are actually the squirrel.
Why do the rodents chew?
Here is where the commotion arises. Some of the people vary in this situation and come up with very absurd arguments but I will tell that it is very self explanatory why the animals occasionally chew.
• Just like the human nails and the cats’ claws, the rodents has some set of incisors that will continuously grow without ceasing. To keep them checked, the animal or the rodents will have to keep on chewing whatever they find in their way.
• It is an activity that will keep them engaged in finding what the stomach requires. Chewing helps the little guys to differentiate what I right and the bad stuff. It assists smelling.
• The process of gnawing makes the teeth stronger and healthier. Humans are advised to chew carrots and sugarcanes in order for the teeth to grow stronger; the rodents have to chew on the wood in order to make their teeth stronger.
• This process of gnawing makes their teeth sharper. Have you even been bitten by a rodent? Well I have and I can tell you it is like a razor blade or even worse. The process of gnawing makes their teeth sharper.
Dangers they pose
Due to chewing regularly on the electrical appliances, there could be hazards which include;
• Potential electrocution.
• Potential fires break out.
• High chances of frequent blackouts. All these are potential dangers caused by the gnawing of these animals.
You need to keep the activities of these animals checked and as low as possible to avoid hazards.