There are a lot of methods in order to catch a snake. Each method has their own tips and techniques to follow in order for you to successfully catch a snake. The most common technique to catch a snake is by using a snake trap.
How to trap snakes?
Note that there are a few things to consider before setting up a snake trap:
• It is better if the snake is inside your house
• Ensure that your lawn is free of tall grasses or thick bushes that may be used by the snake as a habitat.
• Ponder the kind of snake you are trapping, is it venomous or not.
Variants of snake traps
Of course, you have to choose the right and perfect trap for your operation to catch a snake. There are a lot of options to pick out the right trap:
• Maze trap – this trap is mainly made from heavy-duty cardboard or thick wood. It also has a wooden canal that revolves throughout the trap to guide the snake in.
• Minnow trap – although this trap is mainly used to catch fishes, it can also be valuable in trying to catch a snake, because it has a funnel that gets narrower as well. Catchers would regularly put eggs as bait.
• Glue trap – this kind of trap is one of the basics. It is a modest piece of cardboard or wood with a very durable adhesive all over it, in order to stick the snake. This is better to be put inside a box so that trapping the snake makes it easier.
Setting the trap in a tactical area
Once you were able to fully identify the kind of trap, you want to use, the next thing that you should ponder on is the right location or area where you will be placing it. Do not forget to ensure that the trap is firmly closed.
Check the trap frequently
The main goal is to catch a snake, so definitely you would want to check on the trap regularly. There are a few objectives why you need to check on it once in a while:
• You do not want to let the snake die in the trap, it is very unsanitary because germs may linger on the dead body of the snake.
• Do not attempt to catch the trapped snake with your bare hands.
• Ensure that your pets and children has a safe distance from the trap. Can you use a trap to catch a snake?